Saturday, November 13, 2010

Television: Messages

My grandfather died last week.  He had a long life, and his health was not good, but it still affects me.  I'm also unable to make it up for the funeral.  I will probably be posting very little next week regardless.  I don't even feel like writing this post, but I figured I'd better mention it so no one worries.  And since I'm here and had this half-written and saved...

I discovered the new "Nikita" series this past week.  It rehashes the "origin story" of Nikita from the french film, the American re-telling via "Point of No Return", and the "La Femme Nikita" television series, and use many of the same characters.  "Nikita" is giving it an interesting twist, however, placing most of the origin story in the past and telling it through flashbacks and the mole Nikita placed in the training facility.  I like it.  However, of the three "Nikita"s and three "Michael"s, I like the Bridget Fonda/Gabriel Burne pairing the best.  LFN's Michael's accent is so thick, it's hard to follow him sometimes, although I like his Nikita.  In the new series I don't like Michael at all, and Nikita is just "meh".  I do like her protege a lot though.  Eh.  We'll see.

"Psych" is back from hiatus.  Ah, Sean and Gus... I missed you wacky kids.  I also miss your '80s retro musical numbers after the end credits.  What happened?

Supernatural is becoming a real force this season.  Kudos to the new team!  And Ack!  What do I say that's not spoilery?  This week's episode was touching and sad, and the boys seem to be dealing with Sam's status.  Still, I bet they're thinking that torching those bones was a good idea now, don't you?  Not that Sam gives a crap...

Rumor has it that Gwyneth Paltrow will be singing on Glee next week.  Really?  I missed the memo.

Otherwise, with my marathon of "La Femme Nikita" episodes to compare and contrast with the new series, I am behind on all my current TV watching.  I'll be trying to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment