Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gaming: What, there are other games?

Still kicking it up in LotRO.  Monkey Pants has discovered... Role Play.  Apparently she has joined a band on the Landroval server, and last night at an event I watched her play an original composition.  I don't know whether to be proud or afraid.... very afraid.

I think I'm going with a little of both.

If you listened to my advice and got Dragon Age: Origins on Steam, yesterday they released a humongous patch fixing various minor items, and apparently paving the way for some new downloadable content coming soon.  There are also rumors of a DA:O 2 in the works.  I've not heard if any major roles are going to be reprised by the same amazing voice talent (Claudia Black, Tim Russ, and Kate Mulgrew, to name a few) but even if I'm not currently playing the game that doesn't mean I can't fall back under its spell any time soon.

I've had a copy of Dead Space for months now, waiting next to the Xbox 360.  Have I played it?  Heck no.  With as much yarn as I own, I feel like I'm being a lazy slug if I sit down in front of the TV without knitting something.  Same story with Gears of War 2, with the added slowdown of wanting to play through in buddy mode with the hubster.  We did that with the first one and it was a blast.  I might even let him play Fenix this time if I can get him to sit down for five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment