Friday, February 22, 2008

Morning Knitting

I get up every weekday at 6am to get the peanut off to school and make sure hubby doesn't oversleep. I have an alarm clock that I can dock my iPod into, and lately I've been waking myself up to podcasts about knitting. I try to get my chores and such done by 9am so that I can start knitting at about that time. However, today was Mom's Day Off (*see note below) so when my eyes were able to open I picked up the project I had put aside the night before and took off with it. As a result I did not get out of bed until 9am. I'm not even sure my husband locked the door behind him.

Starting your day listening to someone talk about knitting is a great way to energize your enthusiasm if you're planning a day of knitting. I feel both industrious and decadent at the same time.

(*Mom's Day Off is a little tradition I started a few years ago when the little one started riding the bus to school. Even in Texas, winter mornings are cold and damp and no fun, so one day a week on Fridays usually, my husband takes her down to the bus stop and lets me sleep in or stay warm inside. I also tend to take the rest of the day off from my other responsibilities.)

No comments:

Post a Comment