Sunday, May 17, 2009

I don't know what I was thinking

When I started my weaving project, I knew that warping my rigid heddle loom would be my least favorite part of the process. So I made sure that I put enough warp on the loom to do six placemats at once.

Now I'm halfway through placemat #2 and I'm sick of the project. I want to move on to something else, but I don't want to waste all that warp. So the project has been sitting while I do other things, like knit the Sipalu bag from Knitpicks.

My selvages are improving with each placemat, so I should be happy with my progress. Unfortunately, I never could justify spending the $110 dollars on the stand for my loom, so it is stuck on my dyeing table. There is no way to use it on my lap, since I went with the 36" loom. I mean... $110 dollars for fancy sticks and a few bolts! I'm about this close to asking hubby to use a Home Depot gift card he got to go buy me some PVC pipe or dowels and some bolts, and I make my own.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment