Thursday, June 4, 2009

Grr... Arrgh... THUNK

I love Joss Whedon fans to death... the ones from the old guard, Browncoat days. They are some of the kindest, most generous people on the planet. When my family and I went through Katrina, the support from my fellow Browncoats was touching and overwhelming.

That being said, the new ones are getting on my last freaking nerve.

Maybe it's just Joss Whedon fans who are knitters. The groups related to Joss shows on Ravelry are filled with immature types who use past plotlines to justify their wild speculation about current plotline directions that *will never happen*. Just because you have a slash fantasy about two Whedon characters on Dollhouse doesn't mean it's somehow magically going to happen just to make you squee.

Joss doesn't do wish-fulfillment. He certainly doesn't pander to his fans... he likes to plunge the knife in your heart and give it a twist or two. In a good way.

I am also extremely tired of every single fan group, whether it's for Buffy, Firefly, Dollhouse, or an all-encompassing Joss group having all the exact same topics in them. If I'm a member of all these groups, I don't need SIX threads discussing spoilers, or SEVENTEEN threads discussing what Summer Glau is doing. This behavior is starting to spill over into other groups that are for shows totally unrelated to Joss, simply because one of the actors used to work for him (Hello "Castle"). I mean, if you go into the Castle group and start talking about being in your bunk, shindigs and strawberries, you're going to get a confused "Huh?" from about half the people there.

Knock it the fuck off.

No comments:

Post a Comment