Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Knitting: Flower Petals

Well I am THIS close to finishing the Sylvi coat.  Everything has been knitted and pieced together, I just have to pick up the stitches for the bazillion flower petals on the back and hood, knit those on, and it's done.  So far I've done four petals.  They don't take long, they're just going to be a pain to sew down.  And I have already knit one completely backwards... ie. the wrong side is facing up.



I am very tempted to call the bobble clusters holly berries and forgo the petals altogether.  But I won't.

I have not touched the Catkin since before I left for vacation, but as soon as I'm done with the flower petals on the Sylvi, I will dive in.  The chart is not complicated, per se, it's just convoluted.  The pattern isn't common-sense enough that I can just ditch the chart.  I guess that's the kind of thing that bothers me.

After THAT is done, I'm diving into my daughter's annual school sweater.  Yes, I'm late.  She hasn't outgrown the last two years' worth by very much, but it's getting to the point where she's going to have 3/4 sleeves soon if I don't do something.

When THAT's done, I'm either FINALLY knitting the Dogwood Blossom Cardigan kit I've had from Knitpicks for over a year, or I'm going to try and do some serious destashing projects.... like grabbing a handful of yarn and crocheting a row of an afghan and repeating ad nauseum.

THEN... socks. Lots and lots of socks to destash my sock yarn.  I shall be sick of socks.  But I hear Chris Bauer's character Andy Bellefleur is complaining no one ever knit him socks.  Perhaps I shall donate some.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment