Thursday, June 5, 2008

Here goes nothing...

Well, I just spent $40 (one QUARTER of that for shipping!) on materials to try making a warping board of my own design for self-striping yarn. No offense to the lovely Scout (of Scout's Swag) but while her board is cool and all, I want something bigger. And less tangly.

Since these materials were ordered online, we'll see how this goes, but I'm strangely optimistic.

I finished (finally!) spinning up yarn from my own store's roving. One unit (I sell in 4oz. units) of "Purple Heart" and one unit of "Purplexed" spun to about fingering weight singles, and then plied together. I'm letting it rest on the 'noddy, then I'll wash and dry for pictures. I'm thinking a skinny scarf, or something. Not sure yet.

On the non-fiber homefront, today was mini-Di's last day of school, and it was a half-day. Apparently the end of school celebration included some form of recreational sport involving a super-soaker. They sent her home soaked, filthy, and hopped up on sugar. Thanks a lot folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment