Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Knitting: Pushing On

Despite the fact that several shows have returned for the fall (Helloooo "Castle" and Nathan Fillion... I missed *you*) I haven't gotten the revitalizing kick from it I usually get every year.  Not even the hour and a half epic series premiere of "Terra Nova" with its dinosaurs-a-plenty gave me a kick in the pants.

I think I'm experiencing an artist's slump.  I have no enthusiasm for anything anymore.  More on my artist's slump later in the week, right now we're talking about knitting.

Here is the meager progress so far on my daughter's Tempest sweater.  Wow, that's a lot of color huh?


You can't tell because it's curling up on all the edges, but I've just finished the waist shaping on the back piece and moved towards the arm holes.

I didn't realize it when I was letting monkeypants pick her colors, but I did NOT steer her towards machine washable yarns.  *sigh*  So this will be a hand wash sweater.  I just have to make sure it doesn't get dropped in the laundry basket, because Barry *will* wash it and turn it into a doll-sized creation.  :/

This yarn is very nice and soft to work with, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment