Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gah!

So I am casting off my second pair (ever) of socks, and about to pick up the stitches for the afterthought heel when I realize I can't see well enough in the evening light. Black yarn, tiny, tiny stitches. So I put my foot under my behind to scootch over closer to the lamp and as I put all my weight on my foot to shift the rest of me, I hear this sickening *CRUNCH* like chicken bones snapping.

I had put my heel squarely on the middle of the dangling end of my Harmony size 2 and snapped it like a twig.

So I am sitting here, too depressed to knit. Although while writing this I have realized that somewhere in my binder for needles I do have some metal DPNs in the right size. But I don't think I will be buying Harmony needles in sizes smaller than 4s any time soon. :(

1 comment:

  1. My knitting mentor is not allowed to quit!

    Go get those baby needles and do that thing that I cannot fathom doing myself, don't even know the concept at my stage of learning.

    Knit 2, purl 2, baby, baby steps...for me.

    ReplyDelete