Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Knitting: Bogged down

As usual, I started too many projects and got caught up in trying to finish what I started.  It was making knitting feel like a chore instead of the fun thing it's supposed to be.  I realized this yesterday when I cast on a pair of Ringwood Gloves and finished almost an entire glove in one day.

I believe my New Year's resolution from 2010 will be making its reappearance in 2011.  Cast on one project at a time.  And buying yarn one project at a time.

I do have 90% of my family gifts made.  I should make something for my uncle, but his wool allergy makes that kind of difficult.  I do have lots and lots of cotton yarn though, it's just persnickety to work with.

After the New Year I plan on getting serious about reverse-engineering this sweater.  It's an adorable little thing, seen on the TV show Fringe.  After that, if I still feel like reverse-engineering things, I may go after an adorable shawl-collared gray sweater I saw Helen Shaver wearing on Supernatural several seasons back.

So many things to knit, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment