Since a lot of TV shows are in their holiday season hiatus until January or later, I thought it would be fun to list my top five favorite movies set during the Christmas season without being *about* Christmas.
5. P2(2008) - This little-known psychological thriller follows a young professional who's simply trying to get out of the office to meet her family for Christmas dinner. The parking structure seems to have other ideas.
4. Gremlins (1984) - A beloved cult-favorite of the '80s, a young man gets an unusual pet for Christmas and gets more than he bargained for.
3. Lethal Weapon (1987) - Perhaps over the years we've forgotten that this jam-packed action classic opens with a Christmas carol playing as we close in on a dead body. The contrast between how Riggs and Murtagh spend their holidays is heartbreaking and sad.
2. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang (2001) - This Robert Downey Jr./Val Kilmer vehicle would not have been complete without the sexy Ms. Santa in her outfit. Okay, well maybe it would have. Still an excellent flick.
1. Die Hard (1988) - Meeting your wife at the Nakatomi building during a Christmas party? What could go wrong with that? The first in a series of high-octane films, they all happen at Christmas. You'd think he'd learn to stay home.