Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gaming: Spooktacular

Steam had a sale Halloween weekend... 50-75% off selected spooky titles.  I got hubby a gift of the Left 4 Dead bundle... at a third of the price I got it for myself.  Grr.  But I got myself the Overlord bundle, so it's all good.

I'd said I wasn't going to get Overlord... I'd already played the first one on the Xbox 360, and given up because I found it frustrating.  There are no clear road signs, and the paths are just loopy enough to get oneself turned around... a bad thing for an evil overlord stomping through the countryside.

So after the trick or treaters slowed down to a trickle, I got a little gaming time in with my new games (I also picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum and the Steam version of Plants vs. Zombies for an absolute steal).  Overlord is better on the PC for some reason.  I *did* have to look up the map online, which had been included with my previous version, but not this one, not even in PDF format, but maybe I have more patience now, or maybe it's the difference between playing on your couch and playing up close to a PC.

In any case, Halloween was a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment