Well, my knitting took off yesterday with the discovery of a new, cool show to watch while I knit. I was skeptical about the new "Nikita" series, especially when it started with roughly the same plot as "Point of No Return" and all the other previous Nikita knock-offs. They added some unique touches that made it a bit better than I anticipated though, and I'll be talking about that on my usual TV blogging day on Saturday.
Meanwhile, I'm making excellent progress on my Big Red Tights. I'm beginning to see why the yarn was on sale though, as I've run into several spots where one strand of the yarn was looser than the rest, bumpy and snaggy looking. I had to break and splice, they were so bad. I'm glad I got extra. I'm also glad that I intended these to be worn under things, rather than as leggings. The snaggy bits look like I split stitches all over the place.
I also think that either the pattern is a bit off, or my gauge is a bit off... or a combination of the two. Once it hits the knees, these things are huge. Trying them on, it almost looks like I should have decreased at the knees and increased for the thighs again. Instead once you hit the top of the calves, there's this huge baggy area. I may not even need any inseam increases, and I'm seriously considering using a sewing machine to take out an oval-shaped swath behind the knees once I've finished knitting them.
I *really* don't want to have to rip all the way back to the increase line.
It's crap like this that makes me not want to knit. I swatched for this, and I *hate* swatching. And still... crap. Sigh.