Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Knitting: Casting On

Well, between baking pies and last-minute shopping trips, a girl has to find time to sit down and get off her feet.  With that in mind, tomorrow morning while waiting for baking, simmering, and browning to be done, and I'm watching the Thanksgiving Parade, I think I'll be casting on my kit for the Norwegian Lusekoft sweater.  My kit is in red.

I've been crocheting squares for the Snuggly blanket this week, and it's just a basic granny square.  I'm feeling the need for a bit more complexity.

My Grey/black Clapotis is done, but I haven't taken a picture yet.  It's really yummy-soft and warm.  Will make for good neckwear when the temperatures drop back below 40 again.  That's the weird thing about living on the gulf... even if you're in Texas, the winters get nippy.  We had snow one year.

Anyhoo, my dear friends and family, have a great turkey day!  Remember to keep all food-safety rules in mind when eating/storing leftovers.  Food poisoning is not your friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment