Thursday, February 2, 2012

Knitting: Wool Peddler

I'm a day late with this one, mostly because I was nearing the end of the garter stitch section, and getting close to the fun lace part and was trying to hurry.  That, and I forgot it was Wednesday.  :D


It's only taken me a couple of days to do this much.  That is the beauty (and the curse) of garter stitch.  It's fast.  Unfortunately, anyone with one iota of knitting experience knows it's the laziest knitting stitch there is.  It does make a squishy, cozy fabric though.

A finished, modeled picture of the smart gloves:







Unfortunately I may have to revisit them to re-do the pop-top finger tips.  They want to stay popped, which is not good when you're just walking to your destination.  I toyed with the ideas of tiny buttons or velcro, but I think it's just a matter of the knitter trying to finish up in a hurry and making them too short.  What else is new?  At least the fingers turned out halfway decent, although I still had to fight with holes at the bases of the fingers.  And I feel the middle fingers are still way too fat for my particular hands.  I could easily take two stitches out of each finger and be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment