Thursday, October 1, 2009

Store Stuff Update: Damn Hackers

So my Etsy shop has been shut down for a week or so... this is because at some point my bank account was compromised. From what the support people could tell us, it was unclear whether it was my debit card, my husband's debit card, or my PayPal card that was compromised. So we ended up cancelling them all.

And, without means to pay for shipping postage, I had to shut it down until my new card arrives and gets activated. You can tell the economy is bad when identity theft stoops to people with a credit score as low as mine.

The good news is all the charges were reversed, and the Yahoo account the slime bag used to siphon funds from me is under investigation. I have no idea if they were successful in getting them, but I hope so.

2 comments:

  1. How awful! Well, I'm glad things are under control now.

    (BTW, I'm loving your new blogs!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Iggs! It's proving to be a system I can stick with, for now. :D

    ReplyDelete