Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gaming: Feeling like it's the '80s

This week in gaming was very interesting. I got all my characters on Champions Online up to level 21, so they could access the next crafting tier. I re-installed King's Bounty: The Legend since I wiped my operating system drive after my credit cards were compromised, and thus lost all my games.

I also received Ghostbusters: The Game (360) from Gamefly. I cannot tell you how fun it is to strap on the proton pack! Figuratively speaking, of course.

The game pretty much takes you on a tour of all the characters and sites from the movies, with just enough of a little added information to make it interesting. The grey lady librarian? Yes, you find out what her deal was. Slimer, of course, makes an appearance, along with the Stay-Puft marshmallow man, the mayor, and various other people and ghosts.

Two things I don't like... one, you are playing as a guy. There is no way around that. I would have liked to have had the option to play as a woman, but them's the breaks. Two, it is fairly easy to lose track of your teammates, especially in dark environments. There's supposed to be a key to press that brings up a directional indicator, but it's not listed in your electronic organizer, or in the keybind options. It's nice that your teammates will often lead the way to the next area, in case you get stuck, but it doesn't help much if you've gone down the wrong hallway.

The only other nitpick I can think of is my daughter gets irritated that the loading screen cuts off the song right before she can shout "Ghostbusters!"

I can already tell it will offer many hours of entertainment trying to go back to get all the achievements. It's a great nostalgic callback, and worth the purchase or rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment