Thursday, July 22, 2010

Miscellaneous: Blu-Ray upgrades, healthy snacking, and the road to creativity

Amazon is having a sale on blu-ray releases of (to my daughter's generation) classic 80's films... $30 for the entire Terminator trilogy on blu-ray?  Pretty damn awesome.  No, I don't count the fourth one.  CGI Arnold doesn't cut it for me.

Planter's has this new snack line (well, maybe it's old, maybe it's new... I just noticed it and that's what counts) called NUT-rition, with snack mixes planned for various healthy options like heart health, energy, and a South Beach diet mix, which if you ask me sounds like it would have a limited customer base.  Adding dried fruits and nuts to your diet, provided they're not coated in tons of salt and artificial oils, is a good idea no matter how you slice it, and has to be better for you than living on home made sugar cookies.  Let's just say I made serious inroads on my last batch, all by my lonesome.  I really have to stop making them.

Do you know any creative geniuses?  I'm not talking about your aunt Joan, who knows how to turn a napkin into a swan, or create cute decorative items out of Popsicle sticks.  I'm talking artists, musicians, writers whose work inspires you.  I don't know any personally, but I've always wondered about some of the artists who inspire me... what are they like in their studios?  Is everything neatly organized?  Or do they thrive on a chaotic environment?  Sometimes I find that during the process of organizing my own chaos in my home, I have time to think about projects... get solutions to things that I'm stuck on.  Other times  I'm wishing the cleaning was over with so I could GET TO IT ALREADY.  I want to go, go, go.  It seems to be a balancing act, and I suppose it depends on whether I'm already full of inspiration, or am waiting on my muse.

Which are you... order or chaos?  Or a mixture of both?

No comments:

Post a Comment