Monday, March 8, 2010

Food: I am ashamed

Because the quarterly bonus and the paycheck came within one week of each other, we've been feeling less... well, broke, to be blunt... so I haven't been practicing my economical tricks over the last two weeks.  Not to mention my freezer is full to the point of literally bursting open if I don't do a little Tetris with the contents before closing.  I'm sure the next time I have to go to the dentist, we'll be broke enough to eat it down to a manageable level.

We *have* been eating the heck out of the multitude of hamburger buns Barronius brought home a while back.  We've hardly made a dent.  But they make an excellent base for BBQ chicken sandwiches, creamed whatever on toast (make sure you have bagel-width slots on your toaster), and fish fillet sandwiches.

Later this week though, I think I'm going to have to break down and make a double batch of homemade stuffing mix.  Is the blender free to make bread crumbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment