Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Knitting: A Little Early

Well I busted down a week early and knit something... I wanted to see if laceweight yarn would accept size 11 seed beads.  It did.  Then I wanted to see how hard it would be to knit a beaded item.  Not bad, but it took me three hours to get three rows done because I used size 0 needles and I kept fussing with the placement of each bead.

We probably don't want to talk about how long it took me to string 15g of beads onto there.  Okay, I'm not exactly sure it was 15g because these were cheap beads I got years ago, but it's two smaller-than-Delica tubes full, and they were stuffed to the top.


Now that the knitting embargo is lifted, I have no excuse but to continue with that awful cardigan.  I'm practically done with the thing, you'd think I'd be over the loathing by now.  Not so.  It's been sitting in the drawer of my nightstand this whole time, mocking me.

I think from now on I will not choose any project that uses needles smaller than my pinky.  Bah, who am I kidding?  Of course I will... just not *cardigans*.  A laceweight cardigan is for masochists and knitting companies who are trying to get rid of 10 million yards of laceweight.

Did I mention these beaded purses I want to knit are knit on size 10 crochet cotton?  Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment