Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Knitting: The Right Motivation

     I guess I *can* knit fast when properly motivated by luxurious, expensive yarns.  Dammit.  My knitting habit just got way more expensive.
     I finished the "Wrenna" in two days.  Pretty darn fast for a cardigan.  I'm now 90% done with "Jewel" in Noro Silk Garden 84 Reds.  I started that after I finished the Wrenna.  No, really!  Now, the Wrenna I understand... that was done in super-bulky yarn at two stitches to the inch.  But the Jewel?  That's worsted.  Also, I don't get the fascination with the Silk Garden yarn.  It's anything BUT silky.  This is my first time working with mohair though... does it get softer once you wash it?  Because otherwise this is going to be one very pretty sweater that I won't wear because it's scratchy as hell right now.

     Meanwhile I'm still chugging away at the "Girly Top" in DK cotton, still working towards 14" of stockinette before I start increasing for the sleeves.  Somehow, I don't think I'm making six or seven of these in various colors.  Just... no.  *Maybe* if I did a multi-color intarsia version, something that's not all "knit around and around and around until the tube is 14inches long" I might not be snoring through it.

Next up is the sock monkey extravaganza... I have to stop putting it off.  I don't even know why I'm putting it off, except my little MonkeyPants kid is now 12 and probably too old for such things.

I haven't given up on the weaving, I just don't have the space for it right now.  You wouldn't believe how much room you need to work a 32" loom!  I need to pack up or use up some of my yarn, and then I'll be able to breathe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment