Thursday, May 27, 2010

Miscellaneous: It Lives!

My PC is still alive!  The power supply came in a semi-timely fashion, installed without a hitch, and is now purring along in my old case.  The new one, also, has the added bonus of being 90% quieter than my old one.  I am so glad I know how to diagnose and fix these problems, because this was 1000% cheaper than buying a whole new machine.  And I'm not pulling that number out of my... um, ear. 

It has been almost two weeks since I asked maintenance to fix my faucet, and almost a week since the garbage disposal tried to make a break for it, and has been sitting on the floor of my cabinet ever since.  Maintenance STILL has not been to my apartment.  I think it's time to start looking at Texas renter's laws on the internet, and sending certified mail requests for service.

In other news, little Monkey Pants is due to be out of school soon... goodbye 6th grade, hello 7th.  We apparently need some immunizations before next year, which seems weird to me but okay... our Dr.s office is terrible about keeping us informed as to when these are due.

Also, yesterday's link to the Gabriel's Wings Shawl is now fixed.  I don't have a clue how it got sent to my "drafts" page, but I suspect it might be some kind of programming weirdness.

Tomorrow, some more television season finale thoughts, and discussion of the "New Summer Season" they're touting on some of the networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment