Friday, May 7, 2010

Television: Honestly, I'll be glad when it's over

If there is one crazy, insane, totally around the bend group of fanatics out there, it's "LOST" fans.  And "LOST" fans who are knitters?  The worst!

I hope the fact that I am one mitigates the harshness of that statement.

We're a couple of episodes away from getting all the answers... or at least all the ones we're ever going to get.  Are there still people with outlandish theories still clinging to one word utterances from season two to prove they could still be right?  You betcha.  People who think Mock-Locke couldn't possibly be the evil one when there are dead bodies staring them in the face?  Yep.  Well, maybe not after last week.

I don't think I'll ever understand how I ended up being one of these people because I will never understand them and their ways.  I feel like I'm an anthropologist plunked down in the middle of crazy-town, only to discover  I was born there.  Kind of like the end of Nicholas Cage's version of "Wicker Man".  Something's burning, dude.

Sun, Jin, Sayid, and Lapidus are all presumed dead, stuck in a watery coffin at the bottom of the ocean.  There are fans out there right now depressed about this, and swearing they are giving up on the rest of the show because of it.  Did they think everyone was going to be happy at the end of this thing?  And if anyone is hoping that Jack will be the one to carry on after everyone else, might I remind them that his character was supposed to die in the *pilot*?  If they've truly been planning since the beginning, then I'm thinking Jack is toast.  Then again, the original plan was for Kate to be the big leader, so maybe they just transferred their plans from her to him.

There are rumors that next week's episode will provide proof that the entire show was planned carefully from beginning to end.  I'll believe it when I see it.  And I'm telling you, if the end of "LOST" is as disappointing to me as the end of "Alias", then I am giving up on Bad Robot productions for good.  Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment