Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Knit Alongs and other stuff

I'm making progress on my Mystic Roses KAL shawl... here is a picture taken right after the setup was completed.



I'm now on Row 35 of the first clue. I got to 33 the first time and had to rip back five rows because I apparently moved my chart marker one row ahead of myself. I've also made one mistake that I may or may not go back to correct. I thought I was following the directions, and reversing the cables on one side so that the two halves would mirror each other, but it sure isn't looking like I am. All these tiny cables are annoying. But I will admit, it is turning out very pretty.

On the horizon for the shop, a shipment from Dharma Trading Co. is coming in today. It will most likely be my LAST order with them. I don't know if it's the economy that is affecting them, but their customer service has gone way downhill, as did their attention to detail. You would not believe the hoops I had to jump through to get the correct tracking number on this last order after I received an email from them with the incorrect tracking information. And the person I spoke to on the phone was rude.

Anyhoo, this order contains better supplies for silk painting/batik. If I could have ordered all these things at these prices elsewhere, I would have. As it stands, the only things I *may* need to go back to them for are my fringed silk shawls. Otherwise all their supplies can be obtained through ProChem, or candlemaking supply shops. As my husband would say, Dharma needs to "tighten up". It's a military thing.

I had planned on making another video today, as I was not pleased with how my last spinning video turned out... pretty dim. And my couch was really messy. But with the package from Dharma (I get flashes of John Locke punching buttons in the hatch every time I say that, heh) coming in today, I will have to wait until that gets here. I might do another "unpack the goodies" video, and then tomorrow or the next day do some batiking.

New roving arrived yesterday, too, so I'm going to have to figure out how to work that in.

No comments:

Post a Comment