Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gaming: Grows on You

Windows 7 has been relatively painless to use.  There's been some aggravation with figuring out workgroups and sharing with the (as yet) non-W7 computers in the house, but other than that it's been a breeze.  As a result of the expensive purchase, though, my ability to purchase casual games and the latest releases (Bioshock 2, stay alive and I will find yooooou) has been curtailed.

That, and some nasty cold/flu that has kept me sleeping for three days straight, and I don't have a lot to report.

Before I collapsed, though, I was still giving Star Trek: Online (STO) a shot.  Then, in what must have been a moment of delirium, I purchased the lifetime subscription, making me even more short on funds.  Strangely, I have been enjoying the game much more, especially since I made Lt. Commander (a level 11 equivalent) and was able to purchase my first chosen vessel, a science ship with what trimmings I could afford.  I don't even mind the space battles anymore, though I prefer the away missions.

Other than STO, I've been re-hashing old games or trying in vain to get a jackpot on Pogo.com.  Hey, who couldn't use $4,999.99?  Especially if I'm taking it from Electronic Arts, who now owns the casual gaming site.  Don't get me started on what they've done; suffice it to say I nearly didn't purchase Sims 3 after the debacle that was Spore.

No comments:

Post a Comment