Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gaming: Red Matter

As an early Christmas present, my husband got me a copy of "Dragon Age: Origins" on Steam over the holiday weekend while they were having a black Friday sale. This means I got the collector's edition for a little less than the normal price of the standard edition.

You may have seen the ads for this single-player RPG while watching TV over the Thanksgiving weekend. Some of them are quite moving, and honestly the game is just as exciting as the ads make it out. It's also one of those games that create a huge sucking time vortex while you play... I swear, yesterday I was getting myself lunch at 11 o' clock, the next thing I knew it was 4 pm and time to watch for monkeypants to get off the bus. As my Bioware profile will attest.

I also think I have a crush on one of my party members, Alistair, the bastard prince of Ferelden. He's just so... cheeky. His voice is also terribly familiar in a British way.

I have been desperately searching for credits on the voice acting in the game... I would swear that Morrigan, a female mage you pick up for your party somewhere along the way, is played by Claudia Black (Farscape, Stargate SG-1). Since Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver, Stargate SG-1)did some voice acting in Fallout 2, this would not surprise me in the least.

Speaking of great sucking time vortices, I also got myself an early present of the new Star Trek movie while Amazon was having a black Friday deal... I won't tell you the price, because you'll be kicking yourself at how cheaply I got it. Lets just say Quinto as Spock would have been worth every penny at the SMRP anyway, and leave it at that. It's every bit as exciting and moving on the small screen as it was on the large screen. I actually teared up when James Kirk was born... again. This time on the privacy of my own couch.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way after watching it for the first time this weekend since seeing Trek in the theater. Every male in the movie was so blazingly hot that I almost burned a whole in my friend's couch.

    BTW, I read the novelization of the movie, based on a recommendation and it was surprisingly well-written!

    ReplyDelete