Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Knitting: I'm at it again...

I can't seem to focus on one thing, lately. Well, besides Dragon Age: Origins.

I'm still working on the shawl from the Knit Picks lace sampler pattern that I started as a smokescreen for my husbands silk socks. However, the socks themselves have only seen one or two rounds of progress. He may be getting a wrapped WIP for Christmas at this rate.

I also cast on the Red version of KP's "Learn to Knit a Hat and Scarf" kit, mostly so when I give the kit in blue to my daughter I'll know what the heck is going on. For a learner's pattern, the instructions are really convoluted and drawn out.

Otherwise there is not much going on in the knitting department. I still have the free-form, simple shawl on the needles made from the one-ply bulky I originally spun up for a sweater coat. Have not done one stitch on that, at all.

Besides the game, and all these knitting projects I have going, I started a super-secret non-crafty project. All very hush-hush. Why? Because it's the one thing I've always been very sensitive about doing right... writing. In game-parlance, I took a crippling blow twenty years ago with my first husband's reaction to my writing, and it's taken this long for it to heal properly. Now I'm scribbling my way through a stack of (100% recycled) legal pads again, and the sudden resurgence has me a little stunned.

And it may turn out to be crap, but it will be MY crap and I will love it all the same.

The television hiatus during the holidays for most of the shows I watch certainly didn't help my knitting progress. There have only been a few times where I have been able to just sit and knit without the television, and both of them involved power outages during hurricanes.

Anyway, this long, drawn-out post is basically my excuses for not having any knitting progress worth mentioning. See you next week. :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the writing is going to turn out great. Maybe you'll clue me in on subject matter when you feel more comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete