Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gaming: The Cake is a Lie... err, the candles are lying.

Sometimes I feel like I fell through a portal, and my life has flashed away past me in an endless loop.  Happy 42nd Birthday to me!  I expected to wake up knowing the answers to life, the universe, and everything, but I don't.  Maybe my towel is broken.  And now between this blog and my family, I've gotten all the usefulness out of that "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" joke I'm ever going to get.  And if you don't get the title or the first line of this post, then run, don't walk, to get yourself a copy of Orange Box or the stand-alone version of "Portal".  Really.

Not much in gaming this week, since I'm trying to clear the decks.  Yes, I finally managed to get my hands on "Bioshock 2" but I won't crack the plastic on that bad boy until I finish "Bioshock" to my satisfaction.  Yes, I'm an Xbox 360 Achievements whore, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I've also gotten distracted by life and the joys of a couple of casual games, mostly "A Kingdom for Keflings".  It's a $9 XBL Arcade game that uses your console avatar as your game character.  You're a giant helping some little Keflings build their village back up to its former glory.  Seeing my knit-hatted little me running around gathering wood and stone and building buildings is surprisingly entertaining.

I'd stay and chat more, but before I can enjoy my birthday, I have to go back to the dentist and get my stitches out.  Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment