Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Did you lose your TV?

Yesterday was the old cutoff date for analog to digital conversion of all broadcast TV signals (the date was extended due to the economic crisis, but a lot of TV signal providers chose to follow through yesterday anyway, since they'd been planning for it for two years and had already paid for promotional materials that it was too late to update).

I find it interesting that there were people caught in the switch, anyway. Are you one of them? Unfortunately, the money that was subsidizing the free boxes has run out, but when a bit of the recently-approved economic stimulus money becomes available, the coupons should start re-appearing.

I had to take a break in the middle of writing this, and take my daughter to the school bus. I stayed for over an hour after the bus showed up to talk to my new-ish neighbor in another building who works for a satellite TV service. He's a very knowledgeable fella. I may have a whole separate post tomorrow about what we discussed.

On the fiber front, I am out of raw stock! I will have to wait until Friday to order new stock, as well, because I'm not going to be cheaping out on it this time... no big work station to pay for. :D I plan on getting several pounds of 64 count merino, SW Merino/Tencel, and Merino/Tencel/Bamboo, so expect new and colorful things in about a week and a half... raw stock always ships slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment